Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Jogle Rig.


Bike - Lynskey Cooper CX

Fitted with a Tubus Airy pannier rack and full SKS Bummel mudguards.  Both items were bought from Bike-Discount.Com.  If you haven't used them yet, try them out.  Great service and canny cheap.  Fitting both the mudguards and the rack was proving difficult so I sought help from Dave at Cycle Repair Shed, a mobile bike mechanic based in Gosforth.  Did a very tidy job. Use him, I certainly will again.

Thinking about weight distribution I'm going to use two small front panniers on the rear rack and a frame bag to help keep the weight centralised over the BB.  After a little research I went for a custom made one by Alpkit.  The quality is fantastic and made in the UK.

Also ordered this week were a pair of Ortlieb Sport Packer Plus panniers.  After weeks of research I finally decided on these mainly because of the low weight and great reviews.

Sitting on the lap top researching kit and route planning has taken a good month - that's the easy part.   I'm happy I've got my kit now so I can do my training on a loaded bike.  It's amazing reading other peoples blogs about training on unloaded bikes and then they wonder why they struggle doing the Jogle on a loaded bike.

Let the training commence - Winter Miles = Summer Smiles (thanks Rich for that gem)


No comments:

Post a Comment